Join YL Replicate!
YL Replicate! is our own initiative for grown from our ardent wish for seeing accelerated replication of the Great Practices crossing our desk daily.
YL Replicate! creates online campaings, providing decision-makers in politics and economy with packaged information, practical steps and expert contacts for taking proven sustainability mega-solutions to scale in their regions of influence.
A detail look:
Amazing solutions for overcoming grave problems do exist, receive awards and coverage in expert media… but they are not taken to scale, not replicated, copied, adapted.
Belo Horizonte – the City that Ended Hunger. Alright, what one developing country’s city has achieved should work well in hundreds others, and for sure also in industrial nations.
Doubling or tripling Coffee Farmers Incomes, by growing shi-take mushrooms on the coffee “waste”. 150 villages are practicing this in Zimbabwe and Colombia. A spectacular solution for millions of poor coffee farmers.
Red LED lamps cut greenhouse electricity use by 96%. 1) they are more efficient than incandescent lamps, ensuring longer (semi-permanent) lamp life; 2) they do not generate excess heat, and thus cause no temperature damage to chrysanthemums; 3) they repel insect pests from chrysanthemums and so less agrochemicals are used.
We can produce Titanium steel from silk at market competitive price! Mulberry trees at the same time green barren landscapes, attract water, animals and biodiversity. Tens of thousands of people will find living environments and paid sustainable jobs. The entire world production of (throw-away!) razor blades can be produced from mulberry worm silk, organic material – nano-technology can even make these cut hair but not skin.
The list goes on and on…
Why are these not replicated as much as they should? (a) the experts involved are busy with their own, (b) decision-makers do not care enough, (c) people simply do not know.
“We have all the solutions, even the support structure for implementing them – what we need is the demand!” Ashoka CEO at reworktheworld, 2010′s largest gathering of social entrepreneurs.
If you look at the list above, you will quickly develop ideas about who will have considerable interest in seeing these solutions replicated, whom to tell about this, and what decision-makers to inform, support and remind of their duty if their attention is distracted by trivial ego, profit and power interests.
The Heart of Replication is simple > Enabling quality Communication.
YL REPLICATE! GOES NEW WAYS BY
- getting the message out through its linkage with YL,
- designing Online Campaigns that target decision-makers to solve problems – while giving them ALL the knowledge and contacts required to do so,
- empowering citizens & youth to engage with these campaigns,
- multi-lingual, multi-platform communication,
- online-offline cooperation through print outs,
- the Education Sector: connecting into schools and universities, by defining YL REPLICATE! as a meaningful exercise in “sustainable development, through
- - knowledge transfer (to overseas or rural schools, communities, civil society, decision-makers, administration…),
- - democratic advocacy,
- - media outreach for informing the population on available solutions and encouraging them to join the campaing / petition.
Citizens can realise and join in this in self-organised manner, if given
- substantial information material: a bundle of knowledge with contacts to present to decision-makers
- global network support
- strategy (materials, research decision-makers, connect with media, civil society, public and education)
YL REPLICATE! PROVIDES
- Case Studies
- Text Materials, appealing article and documents
- Online presence
- Multilingual texts
- Team structure
- Participation Options for Online Volunteers to take charge of specific campaigns
- Global standing
- Strategy for media work, outreach into education and to decision-makers
ONLINE VOLUNTEERS or PARTNER ORGANISATIONS
are encouraged to join in putting together the case studies, articles and contacts.